This is our absolute beginner workshop where we teach you how to use Maya and get a solid grip on the principles of animation. If you have never animated before and want to kick-start your animation career, this is the workshop for you. 12 weeks of hands-on tutoring by an industry professional showing you all the animation tricks and getting you up to speed with Maya. The assignments start out really easy with animating a simple ball rig focusing on timing and spacing. After that we start to tackle squash & stretch, overlap and drag, ease in & out, etc. By the end of the workshop you'll be a solid beginner animator!
1. Bouncing Ball -- no squash & stretch
2. Bouncing Ball -- with squash & stretch
3. Two Bouncing Balls -- different timing/weight
4. Simple Pendulum -- overlap & drag
5. Parcour Bouncing Ball -- adding personality to bouncing ball
6. Simple Robot Animation with ED-405 rig