Hands-on animation tutoring by industry leading animators
Feel free to call us: 774 277 8234
Terms And Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS Last Revised: March 29, 2013
PLEASE READ THIS TERMS AND CONDITIONS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY, AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. AGREEMENT: This Terms of Service Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by and between AnimSquad LLC, a California Limited Liability Company (“AnimSquad”) and you, and is made effective as of the date you sign this Agreement below or the date of electronic acceptance. This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of our animation workshop services and any other services or products offered by AnimSquad and is in addition to (not in lieu of) any specific terms and conditions that apply to a specific workshop service or products offered by AnimSquad. The terms “we”, “us” or “our” shall refer to AnimSquad and the terms “you”, “your”, “Student” or “User” shall refer to any individual or entity who accepts this agreement. Nothing in this agreement shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits. AnimSquad may, in its sole discretion, change or modify this Agreement, and any policies or agreements which are incorporated herein, at any time, and such changes or modifications shall be effective immediately upon being posted on AnimSquad’s website.
2. WHAT WE PROVIDE: We provide a 12-week workshop in either an on-line or in-person format. We provide a total of 3 hours of critique and evaluation time per week for the entire workshop. The total critique time is divided by the number of students in each class which can vary from session to session, less time necessary for breaks, loading of files, etc. Both in-person and on-line students receive an hour of online lecture each week.
3. WHO CAN ENROLL: Anyone over the age of 18 may enroll. Anyone under the age of 18 must have written parental consent. If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a corporate entity, you warrant that you have the legal authority to bind such corporate entity. In addition, this Agreement shall bind you personally in addition to such corporate entity.
4. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Students enrolling in in-person workshops must have a computer, and a copy of Autodesk Maya 2010 (or higher). Students enrolling in on-line workshops must have a high speed internet connection in addition to the requirements set forth above.
5. TUITION, REFUNDS, WITHDRAWALS AND CANCELLATIONS: Students may secure a spot in any workshop by paying the full tuition. NO REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS, OR WITHDRAWALS ARE ALLOWED AFTER 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE START OF THE WORKSHOP AND/OR AFTER RIGS, TOOLS AND LECTURES HAVE BEEN PROVIDED THROUGH DROPBOX.COM DOWNLOAD LINKS. AnimSquad LLC reserves the right to change the dates of the workshop for any reason. If AnimSquad LLC cancels the workshop and does not reschedule the same workshop within 180 days of the date of the original workshop, AnimSquad LLC will refund 100% of the student's tuition. Additional credit card or bank fees of 2.9% - 3.9% of the total transaction amount may apply. AnimSquad reserves the right to ask a student to withdraw involuntarily for disrupting any of the workshops at its sole discretion and authority. No refunds shall be made in the event of an involuntary withdrawal. In the event that AnimSquad issues a refund, you agree that once AnimSquad has submitted your refund via the same payment method with which you paid for AnimSquad’s services, that AnimSquad has absolutely no control over when the refund shall be applied to your account and that such refund may take up to five (5) business days or longer. AnimSquad reserves the right to substitute “credit” towards another workshop instead of issuing a refund at its sole and absolute discretion. If for any reason AnimSquad is unable to process your payment or receives a notification of a chargeback, reversal, payment dispute, or is charged a penalty in processing your payment, you authorize AnimSquad to pursue all available legal remedies in order to obtain payment, including but not limited to, charging “administrative fees” or “enrollment fees” for your non-compliance with this Agreement (as determined by AnimSquad in its sole and absolute discretion). Typical administrative fees or enrollment fees include the loss of tuition from other students and/or legal fees associated with the collection of your tuition. In the event that your transaction is processed in any currency other than U.S. Dollars, you may be charged additional rate conversion fees. In addition, due to time differences between the time you checkout and the time the transaction is posted or submitted to your bank, the amount that you are actually charged may be higher than the actual tuition fees posted on our website. We do not issue refunds for the difference in posted fees caused by fluctuating currency exchange rates. You agree to waive any and all claims based upon such discrepancies (including any and all claims for a refund based on the foregoing). Regardless of the currency, you agree to be charged Value Added Tax (“VAT”), Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) or other localized fees and/or taxes based on your bank or country.
6. NO GUARANTEES: AnimSquad LLC does not guarantee the specific identity of the tutor/instructor to be the same as indicated in the curriculum or course description and reserves the right to substitute the tutor/instructor for another tutor/instructor as it deems necessary. AnimSquad LLC reserves the right to cancel and/or change the dates of the workshop at any time within 180 days of the original start date of the workshop. AnimSquad LLC does not guarantee that the 12-week workshop will be 12 consecutive weeks. AnimSquad LLC is not an educational institute and does not issue certificates or licenses certifying that a student has acquired a certain level of expertise or knowledge. AnimSquad does not guarantee that successful completion of their workshop guarantees employment or promotion at any place of employment. AnimSquad and its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, statutory, express or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non- infringement. AnimSquad and its officers, directors, employees, and agents make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or content of any of the workshops, nor the expertise, knowledge or accuracy of information disseminated by any of its tutors or instructors and AnimSquad assumes no liability or responsibility for the same.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event shall AnimSquad, its officers, directors, employees, and agents be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidential, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever, including any that may result from I) the accuracy, completeness, or information contained in our educational materials, workshops, II) the accuracy, expertise, knowledge or completeness of information disseminated by any of its tutors or instructors, III) any personal injury or property damage, IV) any third party conduct whatsoever, or V) any other damage resulting from your attendance or participation in any of our workshops, including but not limited to the actions or conduct of tutors, instructors, and other students attending those workshops. In any event, you specifically acknowledge and agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to our workshops must be commenced within one (1) year of the date of the last class you attended in any of your workshops, otherwise such cause of action shall be permanently barred. In addition, you specifically acknowledge and agree that in no event shall AnimSquad’s total aggregate liability exceed the total amount paid by you for the workshops, materials or products offered by AnimSquad that are the subject of the cause of action. The foregoing limitation shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement or your use of any information or materials from AnimSquad’s workshops.
8. INDEMNITY: You agree to protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless AnimSquad and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, demands, costs, expenses, losses, liabilities and damages of every kind and nature (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) imposed upon or incurred by AnimSquad directly or indirectly from your attendance and/or use of information or materials from AnimSquad’s workshops, classes, tutors or instructors. The indemnification obligations under this section shall survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement or your use of any information or materials from AnimSquad’s workshops
9. COPYRIGHT: AnimSquad LLC owns the copyright to any and all materials that are available to students on their websites, dispersed via email, fax or mail, or any other educational material that is made available to students. Reproduction, dissemination, and/or use of such materials without the written express consent of AnimSquad LLC may constitute a violation of US and International Copyright laws and subject to penalties, attorneys fees and damages.
10. STUDENTS RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
10.1 These rights and obligations apply to any student participating in workshops provided by Animsquad, LLC. 10.2 Any artwork produced by a student during any workshop provided by Animsquad, LLC remains his/her property. 10.3 Animsquad, LLC is not liable for students using copyrighted material for their artwork produced at any workshop provided by Animsquad, LLC. 10.4 Students can not distribute any material owned by Animsquad, LLC such as character rigs, syllabi, online lectures or any material provided by Animsquad, LLC. Violation of this (paragraph 10.4) will result in immediate termination of the student's participation in the workshop. No refund shall be given to the student in case of termination.
11. JURISDICTION AND VENUE: The enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of California and any disputes shall be resolved by American Arbitration Association. The prevailing party shall be awarded costs and attorneys fees associated with the enforceability of these Terms and Conditions.